Arrow of Light™ Cub Scout Kit
- Always In Stock and Ready to Ship!
- $12.95 per arrow in multi-arrow kits!
- Kit is Officially Licensed by BSA
- Available in kits for 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 & 12 (Kit for 4 pictured)
- High Quality 2 - 2.5" Stone Arrrowheads
- Easy to Apply Achievement Color Bands
- Pre-Notched Dowels Ready for Arrowheads
- Prepacked in even #s only so they are ALWAYS ready to ship!(see details below)
Our Arrow of Light Kit is Officially Licensed by the Boy Scouts of America®. This do-it-yourself kit contains everything you need to make your own Arrow of Light Awards! The Arrow of Light kit will save you time and money – no running around to buy all of the individual parts! Comes packaged in kits for 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 award arrows. It is a scout tradition for Webelos to be presented with an Arrow of Light award (also called an Arrow of Honor award or a Career Arrow) as they graduate from Cub Scouts® to Boy Scouts™.
Arrow of Light Kit Includes:
- Wooden Dowels: The arrow shafts measure 24" long x 7/16" in diameter. They are already professionally notched out to make your job of attaching the arrowhead much easier! Wood is unfinished so you can choose to leave it as is, or finish it yourself.
- Arrowhead Replicas: stone arrowheads are hand-chipped from jasper. Arrowhead size ranges from approximately 2.25" to 2.5" in length and are specially made to fit into the notch in the dowels provided.
- Sinew: Artificial sinew (one shared roll in each kit) looks realistic and makes it easy to attach the arrowhead to the arrow shaft.
- Feathers/Fletching: The feathers provided are real turkey feathers that have been dyed in traditional yellow and blue scout colors. They are each 5 inches long. We include 3 feathers per arrow, so each arrow will receive either 2 blue feathers and one yellow feather, or one blue feather and 2 yellow feathers.
- Fletching tape: Fletching tape (one shared roll in each kit) is used to connect the feathers (or fletching) to the wood dowel and is much easier to use than glue.
- Adhesive Color Bands: Colored vinyl looks great and comes on an easy to peel-off sheet. Comes in appropriate 1/4", 1/2" and 1" widths to indicate each scout's individual achievements. You will need to determine which of the color bands are appropriate for each scout. Don’t worry! We provide a chart to help with this.
- Scout Leader's Manual: This manual includes detailed instructions on how to assemble your arrows, a chart indicating which color bands apply to which ranks and awards, an easy-to-use worksheet to plan each arrow, and a sample Arrow of Light ceremony script. You can download the sample script here.
- Achievement Color Band Worksheet to record each scout and their achievements. You can download the worksheet here.
Assembling the kit arrows:
Each Arrow of Light award will take around 15-20 minutes to assemble, depending on how many color bands need to be applied for each scout’s rank. The included chart and planning worksheet will help you easily figure out what color tape to apply! Completed Arrow of Light ceremonial arrows measure approximately 26" in length (from the end of the shaft on one side to the tip of the arrowhead on the other.)
ALL ARROW OF LIGHT KITS ARE IN STOCK & READY TO SHIP!
Why are the kits available in even #s only? What if I have an odd # of scouts in my den? In order to ship quickly during the busy Arrow of Light season, we pre-pack all of our kits so they are always in stock and ready to ship when you place your order. To be efficient and to keep costs as low as possible, we pack the kits in even quantities. While it does mean that customers with an odd # of scouts in their den will receive an extra, it's nice to be able to make a sample or to pass along the extra to next year's den.
Arrow of Light™ Cub Scout Kit Reviews4.9 out of 5 stars (595 reviews)
Spectacular product. Our pack has used the arrows 3 times and always been pleased. Great service.
I ordered from them 3 times and every time the order comes quickly and awesome notes on the box showing they care about making sure your order is correct and each one is personal.
These arrow kits are easy to use and fun for the kids. The Scout\'s enjoyed seeing their accomplishments showcased along the arrows. Our Pack has used this company several times and will continue to use it in the future.
Our scout pack has used your arrow kits for the last 3 years! We loved how simple you all made the process order, recieve, and assemble the arrows. On the night of their cross over ceremony, our scouts really enjoyed this special award showing all of their accomplishments in one place. Thank you!
Love these kits! Our Arrow of Light scouts enjoy this project. It\'s a fun, easy way to look back on our adventures together. The arrows are a great gift from the Pack or parents, and look great hanging on a scout\'s wall!
Thank you so much! These arrow kits are great! Great quality and instructions, all the supplies needed are there. The personal note on the package was a nice touch as well and appreciated. We just had our recent AOL crossing and presented these to our Scouts along with the certificates and they...Read More
Excellent product to make the Cub Master's life easy! These kits are turn-key and easy to use for the busy scout leader. Product is well packaged and simple. 100% recommend!
I have been using Award Arrow Kits for over five years. The scouts (including my own kids) love this memento and younger scouts always ask how do they earn one. It is the best product for the cost! I highly recommend it for your group!
We were skeptical over building these arrows ourselves but it was quite easy and a lot of fun. The materials were amazing, we were really uncertain about the sticky tape that came with the feathers themselves but after applying the feathers it's nearly impossible to pull them off hahaha. Overall...Read More